WHERE: Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
WHEN: June 2016
HOW LONG FOR: 3 Days
The town of Banff is lovely, and actually a lot bigger than I thought it would be. All of the roads are named after animals, which I think is awesome! To get a great view of the town, we hiked up Tunnel Mountain. It was a steep trail but the terrain wasn’t difficult and the path was really clear. It was definitely worth the effort – the summit had a gorgeous view of Banff to one side, and a stunning panorama of the Bow Valley on the other.
The Johnston Canyon is a 30 minute drive from Banff. I thought it was the most impressive canyon we saw during our Roadtrip. We spent a couple of hours doing the easy hike to the Lower Falls, then the Upper Falls, and back to the parking lot.
We spent a morning at Lake Minnewanka, which was around a 15 minute drive from Banff. We walked the easy trail to the Stewart Canyon, but the lake itself was such a calming spot to sit and take in the awesomeness of Banff.
- The Silver Dragon This was honestly one of the best Chinese restaurants I’ve ever eaten at. We had dinner there twice. The beef ho fun and the ma po tofu were scrummy.
- The Balkan Without a doubt the best Greek food I’ve eaten. The moussakka and crispy pork pitta (they make all their pitta bread fresh) were amazing. The service was also brilliant.
- Evelyn’s Coffee Bar was a great spot for an afternoon cuppa and a sweet treat
- Mary’s Popcorn MAPLE PECAN POPCORN? *drools*
Watch our travel diary…
More posts from our Canadian Roadtrip…
- The Sea to Sky Highway
- Whistler & the Joffre Lakes
- Jasper National Park
- The Icefields Parkway
- Banff National Park Part 1: Banff Town, Lake Minnewanka, & the Johnston Canyon
- Banff National Park Part 2: Lake Louise & Moraine Lake
- Yoho National Park
- How to Spot Wildlife in the Canadian Rockies